Sunday, September 30, 2007

Assingment 1, Introduction

Hello Everyone!

My name is Carla Felix, and this is my first quarter at CSUSB and my first online class. I graduated from the University of California San Diego with a bachelors degree in Economics. After graduation I decided to come back home to the Coachella Valley. After months of looking for a job, I was hired at Desert Sands Unified school district in the Technology Department. I know what you’re thinking what does Economics have to do with Technology! I love my job and the constant change technology is undergoing. I work with the student information system, and I also worked with the student information system for the UC San Diego. Since I did not really have a background in Technology I decided to pursue a Master's degree in instructional Technology.

In my spare time I enjoy reading and exercising!

6 comments:

Ivonne Tapia said...

Hi Carla,
How do you like Cal State San Bernardino? I hope we have have a great quarter. (Don't worry I don't have a technology background).

tapiacruz.blogspot.com

Bruce Rhodewalt said...

I really admire the bravery of so many of you who are studying (not just dabbling or forced into it because of CSU requirements) technology, even though you claim not to have technology backgrounds. I feel like I'm cruising since I have a multi-decade technology background. (I expect this MA process to be relatively painless.)

Ms Griffin said...

Hi Carla,

Welcome! Do you get to incorporate any of your economics background into your current job? Well, I don't think you can go wrong with learning more about technology. We will definitely have job security for many years to come.

If you need any help just ask.

Debora

MsKathyK said...

Welcome to Desert Sands. I also work in Desert Sands. I have worked for the district for 38 years. I teach at Andrew Jackson Elementary School. My favorite department is the Technology Department. That department has done more for this district than any other department. I hope you enjoy this master's program as much as I have.

Unknown said...

Hi, Carla. Welcome to CSUSB and to the Instructional Technology program. My background is in technology and I am in the program to better understand the effective use of technology in the classroom and in education. Its effective and efficient use is commonplace in business, but I think we still have some work to do in determining its exact place in education especially in K-6. I am curious of your thoughts especially since you are coming from the economics world. Thanks, Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,

My wife and I are both from San Diego. The climate is a bit different out here in Palm Springs where we are now, but we are adjusting. We both went through the CSU system down there (SDSU & CSUSM). Like Ivonne said, how do you like CSUSB?. Do you miss SD?

Welcome to the program and have a great quarter.

Matt